Estratto
Stella, thanks for coming in. Before we get into specifics, I'd like to hear about a time you had to arrange travel under tight constraints, and what you were willing to give up to make it work.
Certainly, Aaron. Last quarter, I was coordinating a client visit when her original flight was canceled with barely a day's notice. I had to find an alternative that would get her to Chicago before the morning meeting, which meant accepting a clumsier routing in exchange for a comfortable margin of safety.
That's a reasonable trade. What did you need to nail down before rebooking, and what did you decide could wait?
Three things, mainly: whether she could realistically fly the previous evening, whether her passport and visa were in order, since a lapse there would have undone everything else, and whether there was any room in the budget for a pricier fare. Everything else, seat preferences included, I was content to settle afterward.